Today was a good day. Today I:
- Wrote a query letter for “Boyband” that I don’t hate
- Wrote a 3-pg synopsis that can probably be trimmed to 1-pg if necessary
- Researched (AND FOUND) a list of YA agents seeking boyband and/or humor MS
- Boybanded by listening to One Direction all day (#inspiration)
- Decided that “boy” and “band” could, in fact, be smashed into one word and used as a noun or a verb
- Did I mention the query? Because I hate queries
- Wrote a blog post about all the boybandy things I did today
- Decided boyband can also adjective if needed
I’m not posting this list to brag or make other writers feel unaccomplished. Because yesterday I:
- Spent two hours formatting my manuscript and I’m still not done
- Whined to my Crit Partner about how much my manuscript sucked and how worried I was about it being too long and too over-the-top
- Removed almost 150 instances of go-to filter words like: just, really, and smile
- Agonized for far too long over the name of one of my minor characters. I still don’t have it right yet.
- Considered abandoning my boyband manuscript because I can’t quite narrow it down to the proper genre and category yet
And that’s the life of the writer: up and down and up and way over there to the side, then up again, then down into the pits of despair, then up again.
I’m truly thankful that I’m along for the ride, no matter how crazy it is.
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.